This week I’ve gotta quick, easy, and delicious gluten-free recipe that you can whip up next time you feel like grilling. Now you can’t go the entire summer without cooking some food over some burning hot coals; grilling is a natural part of the season, and thus should be celebrated.
As a kid, I grew up watching my Dad cook steaks and chicken over the grill, so I’ve had plenty of hands on experience when it comes to grilling. And you know, it’s not as tricky or intimidating as it may initially seem. Just takes some practice and a little courage.
While I was home with the fam a few weeks ago, I served this recipe with the Sweet Potato Salad recipe from last week, and the combo was a hit. Give the recip a shot and let me know what you think!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 2 lbs of extra large, peeled, and uncooked shrimp (fresh is best)
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1” cube of fresh ginger finely chopped
- ½ tsp of red chili flakes
- ¼ cup of honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2-3 limes cut into wedges (for skewers)
- Sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Wood skewers
- Soak the wood skewers in water for about an hour before you begin to make the recipe. This will prevent the skewers from getting burned when they are on the grill
- Wash and dry the shrimp, defrost if needed. Place in a large glass container.
- Combine the honey, limejuice, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, salt and cayenne pepper and drizzle the mixture over the shrimp and allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- With the wooden skewers, alternate a shrimp, and a lime wedge as shown in the picture below.
- Cook over a hot grill, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Be mindful as not to overcook the shrimp.
Here are some pretty food pics.