I don’t have too much to say about this recipe other than I wanted to make something that involved carrots…and a lot of them. I’ve been eating more carrots in my diet as part of an experiment to see if I could alleviate some hormonal fluctuations I’ve been having recently.
I love experiments, especially when it involves food.
As I continue to learn more about the body, I’m realizing just how powerful small adjustments in the diet can lead to huge hormonal changes. And I’m currently experimenting with using certain foods to elicit certain hormonal responses in my body that will allow my body to self-regulate without the use of supplements or medications.
Aside from that, this recipe is really good. Like really good. And, you should try it.
Raw Carrot Salad Recipe
Ingredients (use organic, yo):
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Wash and peel the carrots, which in my bag was 10 carrots.
2. Grate the carrots with a standing grater. Those things are awesome. Be sure to grate inside a big bowl since this makes quite a bit.
3. Then, crush and finely chop the garlic, adding it to the grated carrot bowl.
4. Finely chop about 10 sprigs of cilantro and add that to the mix as well.
5. Cut a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice over the carrot mixture. Just watch out for seeds.
6. Then, add in your spices, dried cranberries and slivered almonds. The last two ingredients are optional, but they add a really nice flair to the recipe. I mean c’mon, its pretty much just carrots.
7. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer. Or eat as a snack thorughout the day like I’ve been doing. Yummmmm!
Yum, pumpkin seeds do sound good. And you can also substitute raisins for the cranberries.
Bet that would also be yummy with punkin seeds subbed for almonds 🙂
I actually made this recipe on Saturday and had to make it again on Sunday…because I devoured it! lol
ooooooo . . . . i’m trying this one tomorrow!