Oh the Crown chakra. Even though this is the last chakra up the sushumna, its hardly an ending. Rather, consider reaching this chakra a rebirth, a place to start a new, and a place to unfold new experiences in your path to healing and spirituality. Here are the crown chakra we connect to all things on a boundless level, and usually without proper explanation. Meaning, this is where we connect to all things around us on an unspoken level. Trippy stuff, man.
As a quick reference guide, I’ve listed the basic description of the the sacral chakra as well as the physical, mental and emotional ailments of each, along with healing modalities.
Crown Chakra Descriptions:
Sanskrit name: Sahasrara, or “Thousandfold”
Location: Top of the head or crown of the head
Associated color: Violet, gold, white
Main Issues: Spirituality, depression, confusion, sensitivity to pollutants, epilepsy, Alzheimers
Endocrine Gland: Pineal
Body parts: Upper skull, cerebral cortex, skin
Astrological sign: Aquarius
Sense: Beyond any of our known senses
When the crown chakra is too open, or spins too fast, we can become manic depressive, become confused in our sexual expression, and frustrated.
When the crown chakra is blocked, or sluggish, we are constantly exhausted, can’t make decisions and feel like we do not belong.
When the crown chakra is balanced, we have magnetic personalities, and we are at peace with ourselves.
How To Heal the Crown Chakra
Crystals: Clear quartz, diamond, amethyst
Fragrances: Lavendar, Frankincesne, Rosewood
Meditations for the 7th chakra:
- I am a unique and radiant beling. Translation: I’m da’ shit.
- I release all limited thoughts and lift myself up to ever higher levels of awareness. Translation: The little things don’t matter in the end, its all about helping the greater good.
- I am who I am and glory in that. Translation: Let’s have a party because I am da’ shit.
Self-Reflection Questions for the Crown chakra:
- Can you find 5-10 minutes of your day to meditate?
- Do you feel like you are in control of your destiny? If so, why? If not, why?
- When was the last time you tried letting go of a problem that was causing you a headache? Do you find that you try to fight against it? Is this something you should try to release instead?
- How are ways you can “connect” to higher levels of consciousness? How can you connect with others, nature, and our Universe on a deeper level?
Movement Therapy for the Crown chakra
The best physical exercise to do for tapping into your 7th chakra is to simply meditate. Meditation can be as simple as sitting quietly reflecting on your self, through journaling, or even walking in nature. However you decide to meditate is up to you. There is no right or wrong way to do it. The essence of meditation is to get you connected back with yourself so that you can connect back with the world.