Whenever I receive the same question on multiple occasions in a short period of time, it is a clear sign that it’s time to blog about it. For some reason this week, the ideas of gluten free snack ideas and meals on the go came up several times. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that it has something to do with school starting. Just a hunch.
So for today’s blog, I’m going to leave you with 8 snack ideas that are healthy, gluten free, portable, and easy to make. I’m legit going to bookmark my own blog so I can send this link out whenever someone asks me a question about snacks, which happens quite often.
Gluten Free Snack Ideas
1. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and side of fruit
2. Hard-boiled egg and side of fruit
3. Prosciuotto and canteloupe
4. Mozarrella Cheese with tomatoes and olive oil, salt and pepper
6. Broth with fruit or baked sweet potato
7. Dates with a hard-boiled egg or left-over chicken
8. Organic, nitrate-free turkey slices with cucumbers and tomatoes
These are just a few ideas to get you started with making snacks. Now taking the template below, you can start to get creative and make your own!
3 Tips to Building a Better Snack
1. Combine protein, fats and carbohydrates
2. Take a meal and just eat a smaller portion
3. Keep hard boiled eggs, fruit, a little cheese, or some nuts in your fridge at work